Misc information about GPS tracking devices and solutions.
What I'm looking for is a solution to track ultra runners during races lasting up to 30 hours or more.
Requirements on tracking device (the thing the runner will carry along, this could as well be a smartphone app):
- Very Long Battery Life >30h (while almost continuously send GPS data)
- Optional: replaceable batteries or at least ability to charge device while on the run. Or external battery connector ...
- Send position data via GPRS connection to any computer on the internet
- Configurable time interval for sending data (continuously vs. 10-20min. intervals)
- Sleep mode (power-off GPS/GSM while not sending data)
- Optional: Multiple Geo-fences (e.g. Alert when running through aid station)
This page is work in progress!!
List of Tracking Devices:
- Smartphone Apps:
- GPS Tag